Students seeking acceptance into the Baylor Trombone Studio should follow these steps:
- Begin the application process to Baylor University.
- Apply for acceptance into the School of Music and schedule your audition
- Contact Mr. Phillips directly if you are unable to attend any of the scheduled audition dates and set up a private audition. Many students prefer to visit Baylor during school hours. You may be allowed to sit in on a rehearsal or attend a studio class if requested.
- Consider taking a lesson with Mr. Phillips before your scheduled audition. This will give you the opportunity to ask more specific questions and get a feel of his teaching style.
- Be sure to review the required material and guidelines for audition material.
- Visit the Online Trombone Journal for Professor Phillips’ article on “Choosing a Trombone Studio”.